Problems with Dashboards:
- Moving panels is currently a jank-fest.
- Picking up a panel causes it to visually offset in an incorrect way.
- In Safari, dragging panels at certain browser widths feels sketchy (???)
- Old edges and edge transactions could possibly use cleanup.
- See PHI915, which would like dashboard documentation.
- "Favorites" should render a menu when rendering content.
- The dropshadow effect on hover/pick is probably a bit too intense.
- Deleting a panel redirects to the wrong place. I want to replace this menu, anyway.
- Template menu on creation should be a modern "clickable" menu.
- Panel type selection should be a modern "clickable" menu.
- T12363 is a bug that may be a mess to fix.
- T6444 can probably be wontfix'd.
- T9903 is probably easy.
- See PHI997. Editing and reordering tab panels is a weird, janky mess.
- Dashboards should update to Ferret.
- Panels should update to Ferret.
- Dashboard NUX is probably wrong.
- Remove obsolete PhabricatorDashboardInstall.
- See PHI945. An install managed to add a panel to two different columns (how?). This made a lot of stuff not work great and made the panel not removable. This state should probably be formally supported and operations against dashboard should specify more than just a panel PHID, but at a minimum it shouldn't break.
- See PHI727. Typeahead searches for panels don't use a real index.
- We need a double-background migration for all this stuff?
- The "add query to panel" flow needs a revisit.
- When you're editing a tab panel, all the panels inside the tab panel can be dragged and reordered. Great!
Default Home Page: The default home page looks like a dashboard but is currently hard-coded. Instead, it should be composited from Dashboards.
The hard-coded nature of the page means that a lot of edge cases either don't work or would need to be implemented twice in order to work. Overheating, below, is one example.
- This was resolved by D20333.
Overheating: Overheated queries recently began throwing exceptions by default. In some cases, this causes problems on the home page:
Panels should allow queries to overheat and handle this case gracefully.
- This was resolved by D20335.
More Results / View All: Query panels currently give users very limited tools to determine:
- Are there more results?
- What do I click to see them?
Particularly, the header is linked but it isn't obvious that it's a link since it isn't colored. An unlabeled icon links to the results, but doesn't work on tab panels, doesn't look like a button, and doesn't convey any state information.
These actions should be obvious in the UI and work properly on tab panels.
- This was resolved by D20336.