I'd like to be able to see the full results of a query from a truncated list in a dashboard. The search icon handles this well for query panels, but tabbed panels don't include this header.
Revisions and Commits
- Mentioned In
- D14674: Add a button to show the full query from a tabbed dashboard panel
T13272: Remove the hard-coded homepage, and other Dashboards improvements
T13195: 2018 Week 36 Bonus Content
T13083: Plans: Portals and Facts
- Mentioned Here
- D20336: When query panels have more results, show a "View All Results" button at the bottom
Specifically, you're talking about this?
- Create a Query panel.
- Click the "" icon in the upper right to see full results list.
- Now embed the query panel inside a tab panel.
- No longer any way to access the full result list.
I believe D20336 fixes the primary practical issue here, by adding a "View All Results" button to the bottom of query panels (including query panels inside tab panels), when there are more results:
In cases where a query panel inside a tab panel is showing all the results, there's still no way to get to the standalone search UI (in a non-tab panel, the "View All Results" button in the header would be the way to do this). This should still be fixed, but I'd guess 95% of the time the button at the bottom of the list solves the actual problem.
I'm just going to mark this as "Wontfix", since:
- the only actual use case (getting a link to the full results) is resolved by the "View All" button;
- the general case of this has no obvious path forward because tab panels may be embedded in other tab panels.
If additional use cases arise, we can deal with them on a case-by-case basis.