Long ago, Audit was copy/pasted from Differential and then essentially never changed again.
Audit generally suffers from being un-modern and playing second fiddle to Differential.
- When an author has addressed concerns, there is no way for them to punt the audit back into the auditors' queues (T2393). Generally, this workflow is currently a dead end.
- The UI offers "Accept Commit" even if it's meaningless and not permissible (T5928). Maybe a broader workflow issue.
- Users should be able to add and remove auditors (T7676), like they can add and remove reviewers in Differential.
- T7504 reports a bug with manually added auditors and overall audit status.
- T5889 wants an "Auditors" Herald field, similar to the Differential "Reviewers" field.
Search and Status
- Search should have bucketing, like Differential (T9430). Generally, the UI should be aligned with the modern Differential UI.
- Search should support a modern status selector (T9544).
- Possibly, "Audits Resolved" should be different from "No Audits Triggered" (T8683).
- T6024 wants audit status shown in Diffusion commit lists, similar to how build status is shown.
- T6660 is a request for a draft icon in the list view, like the one in Differential.
- This stuff should all work via EditEngine.
- Audit requests store untranslatable descriptive text in the database, but should store translatable reason codes.
- Good news: we never moved audit requests to edges, so we don't have to resolve an analog of T10967.