Introduced primarily by T1703, the new CustomField infrastructure provides a better approach to implementing custom fields than previous efforts in Maniphest, Differential and Releeph do. Particular improvements are:
- We no longer need "Selectors", and fields can autoload.
- Everything is web-UI configurable with nice controls.
- Support for indexes.
- Support for ApplicationSearch.
- Support for ApplicationTransactions.
The three implementations we should migrate are:
- Releeph, partially converted already and covered in T3718.
Maniphest and Differential are likely to be involved.
Differential and Releeph are likely to require significant coordination with Facebook.