new phone, who dis
- User Since
- Oct 4 2012, 5:31 PM (259 w, 23 h)
Aug 4 2017
May 26 2017
Apr 18 2017
Mar 25 2017
Feb 22 2017
Just as a side note: PHP 7.1.2 was released like a week ago, and I have not seen any more spurious segfaults on my instances when doing imports or anything like that on the server. The arc liberate bug remains dead and I have not seen any more faults in arc either. Builds should now be available in most PHP 7.1 repositories (in multiple distros/systems), so I suggest an upgrade for anyone who's affected.
Feb 21 2017
Feb 8 2017
Feb 3 2017
i'm bad at search
Even better. Oh, and in my latest test just to make sure nothing horribly broke, Google even asked me to click some pictures and select street signs. My robot nature has been determined.
- remove unneeded phutil_implode_html
Ah, I see. Yeah, resolvex basically has the exact semantics I wanted anyway (checking the error code). I'll fix the $tags thing right quick and land.
Yeah, 7.1.2 RC1 seems to fix the problems. There are like 2 dozen random "uuhh fix off by one error, revert thing that overflowed something, you bastard, fix this too" commits in that commit log, even some affecting stuff like libgd (which you'd think would have been pretty hardened), so it's really impossible to tell what fixed what without it becoming tedious.
These are all done now - minor note, I wanted resolvex, not resolveJSON, which only exists (oddly) in ExecFuture and a few other places?
- mark recaptcha config options as locked in the UI
- fix a well-aged self-admin-XSS in emitting recaptcha tags
- use resolvex to handle non-200 status codes in HTTPSFuture
- clean up some tiny dead code
Here's what the new UI looks like, when Recaptcha is configured on a newly created server. So much cleaner! (Especially on my HiDPI screen where the jaggedness of the old element was really obvious):
Awwwww yissssssss, looks like PHP 7.1.2 RC1 fixes it! Using the Fedora 25 "PHP 7.1 Remi Testing" repository, 7.1.2 just completely finished a run of arc liberate on Phabricator without problem.
Yeah, the sury repository is the one maintained by one of the PHP devs. I think if you just do something like apt remove php71* or apt remove php7.1* you can just reinstall all the php5.6 packages and you'll be dandy, at least as far as arc is concerned. They're all in the same repo, just separated by version suffix.
Just curious -- did you just notice this, or did you upgrade just to test this bug? If it was the first, that's an interesting data point! (that arc liberate is less common than I expected)
a devastating self-own. we've all owned ourselves.
Yup, that's the one @chad. I haven't tracked it down any further with strace or anything -- but if you try running that phutil_symbols.php command a billion times, note it doesn't fail every time, or possibly even at all (try like, for x in $(seq 1 1000); do php ... >/dev/null; echo $?; done | grep 1 or something). But if you run arc liberate again, it *will* fail every time, just on a different file, at a different point.
xhprof isn't needed to reproduce this; it's xhpast that's involved. Maybe. (xhpast is just a simple bison/flex parser/lexer combo so it isn't dependent on PHP internals in any way, and it's what drives the module parsing, etc)
i like that dog's hat. it's a good hat.
Ah, cool -- thanks!
Dec 16 2016
Dec 6 2016
Nov 22 2016
Nov 18 2016
Nov 10 2016
Nov 8 2016
Nov 1 2016
Sep 1 2016
FWIW, PHP 7.1.0 RC1 was released today, and it includes the async signal change. The following amended script from T11270#184087 seems to work:
Jul 28 2016
Just as a note: I had this happen again on another very low-power instance (same file storage backend, encryption enabled etc), but with the latest HEAD, simply reloading with Ctrl+R after the webserver timed out the request made it continue and work perfectly. So yes, this is fixed it seems.
Jul 26 2016
Jul 13 2016
Thanks for listening to my hair-brained schemes. Yeah, the motivation is totally clear to me FWIW, and thinking about it more, I strongly suggest this is related to T9161.
Jul 12 2016
Jul 11 2016
I just wanted to add a vote of support for this (following up from here) - for Haskell.org Windows is one of the "Tier-1" platforms that we ship binaries for, and having continuous integration is exceedingly useful for a number of reasons.
Jul 10 2016
Yeah, T8124 is definitely the error user-facing I saw when this occurred, except there's no possible way to edit your profile pic at that point as the exception takes up the whole page.
What I found interesting about this bug is, I've had some obvious high latency with this storage engine - but incremental storage uploads for large files work fantastic in every use case I've tried, e.g. cancelling requests and all kinds of stuff. I guess this 'magical' default profile picture creation can't use the 'resume upload' mechanics?
Jul 9 2016
Jul 5 2016
Jun 28 2016
Jun 27 2016
Jun 25 2016
Jun 16 2016
I updated my original answer (since I can't post a new one; I meant to add it as a comment on your original Q) with instructions on how to write the Herald rule you need, so you can accept that answer as "the accepted answer" for this Ponder.
May 28 2016
May 20 2016
So in the case of Haskell.org, specifically the Glasgow Haskell Compiler (which I'll go ahead and put out there, since I believe we're the one who got this put on 'The Queue' in question), our root problem that we think this fixes, I believe, is not "Phabricator should act like GitHub" or "Phabricator should act like Gerrit", which aren't reasonable or actionable as requests. They're sometimes brought up, but not our real problem. Rather, it is "Contributing smaller changes carries lots of unnecessary friction, perhaps even psychologically, because of arcanist".