This task was filed via the "New Bug Report" form.
Mon, Aug 27
This doesn't have a repro and will probably be fixed via rewrite / modernization in T13077 anyway.
Aug 9 2018
Aug 8 2018
Aug 6 2018
See PHI801. This is a similar case to the one above, but I think the underlying use case was a bit more compelling: the install was transitioning from a set of older web nodes to newer web nodes as a part of a general infrastructure upgrade, and making various fixes to the deployment and support software as part of that process. One aspect of these adjacent fixes was changing the path from /something/something/phabricator to /something-else/something-else/phabricator (I think as a consequence of adjusting deploy strategy), so newer nodes would have a different absolute path than older nodes. Both sets of nodes were in production simultaneously.
Aug 1 2018
The workaround does not work for me on Debian 9.5 with OpenSSH 7.4p1. Actually I am surprised this worked for anyone, since the issue appears to be that the buffer of the pipe between ssh-auth's stdout and the parent's stdin is being filled, hence ssh-auth blocking at some point. It should not matter how fast these buffers are being filled...
Jul 30 2018
We have a more reliable break for this now, in the form:
Jul 26 2018
I can't get anything to break at all now. 💁
I made a change like this to split responses into small blocks and give each a random chance of failing (I tried 4096 and 4027, a prime near 4KB, as miniblock sizes):
A recent, probably more concrete issue that I've seen is that wget of a large file can succeed (wget automatically resumes) but we can end up with a file that has different content than the original, which is disastrously bad.
Jul 16 2018
Jun 7 2018
Confirmed on PHPUnit 7.2.2 👍
May 24 2018
This problem fixed by T13140. Thank you.
May 8 2018
Apr 4 2018
Since there's no known actual problem with this today, I don't plan to fix it.
I don't currently plan to change the remaining edge case behaviors since I'm not sure they ever occur in the wild.
Apr 3 2018
Duplicate of T8936?
Mar 30 2018
I confirm the Maxime Corteel patch to be working with PHPUnit 7.0.1 too.
Mar 29 2018
I think this is sort of less bad/weird now, at least. You get a tokenizer instead, which is still empty, but you're prompted to "Type a repository name..." and the UI isn't this odd empty select thing anymore.
Mar 21 2018
Mar 16 2018
is there a chance that this problem will get fixed?
The change D17989 is already from May 2017 without any reviewer...
Mar 14 2018
Mar 7 2018
I believe the behavior of this UI should generally align well with what reasonable users might expect, now. In particular, /src/backend and /src/backend/ are now exactly the same in terms of actually resolving ownership, although the UI will continue to show you the value you entered (to avoid confusion where someone types /docs/README.md and the UI echoes back /docs/README.md/ and they have a reasonable concern that the path wasn't understood).
Probably better is to add pathIndex
Mar 5 2018
Feb 26 2018
See T13092; tangentially, it might be nice to render these stories more explicitly as "X added Y, removed Z (because Z is a subproject of Y, and objects may not be tagged with multiple mutual ancestors/descendant projects)", if some sufficiently terse phrasing can be found.