Thank you for the feedback. I'll keep this as-is on our install and keep playing with the general solution.
Aug 13 2019
Apr 19 2019
Jan 6 2018
Aug 10 2017
Aug 5 2017
Oh, I see. I think I explored that but got stuck trying to find an AphrontRequest object, but now I see that could come from $this->controller.
Aug 4 2017
I've written a patch to make this work for the project sidebar nav for my organization's install. I don't want to take up your time with it if it's not helpful, but let me know if you'd like me to push a diff.
Aug 2 2017
Heh, that was going to be my suggestion in the original discourse post, but I figured it was too simplistic. Glad to hear we're on the same page. Thanks everyone!
Jan 28 2017
I like the application names. Possibly relevant previous discussion: T4004: Serious business mode should show boring names for apps
Dec 22 2016
P2028 is a really quick bookmarklet that will pull the content of a given Phriction document and insert it into the current Phriction edit page's textarea. Hopefully it'll save a few clicks for those of us who write lots of pages with a similar structure.
Dec 13 2016
It's fine to consider it not a bug. Mainly I wanted to provide the info that it doesn't work for documentation purposes, in case anyone else runs into the same situation in the future. (We ran into this by trying to transition from a very old Phabricator installation to a new one with hosted repos, but with a legacy deployment setup that needs a non-bare repo copy, and didn't realize that Phabricator didn't fully support hosted non-bare repos.)
Oct 28 2016
That's too bad. I've done some testing and realized that the repositories that are exhibiting this behavior are non-bare, and one older repository that is bare is fully up-to-date in Diffusion's UI. (All are git repositories.)
Oct 27 2016
@adityar7 Were you ever able to resolve this? I'm seeing the same behavior on my installation, which we recently transplanted to a new server and converted its ancient file://-based repositories to hosted. My suspicion is that there's something not quite right with user permissions on the system, but /var/tmp/phd/log/daemons.log doesn't have anything useful.
May 26 2016
This seems related to T5474: Support workboard column triggers which activate when a task is dropped into a column.
Apr 29 2016
Oh, one problem with that script: when you move all the subprojects or milestones out from under a parent, it doesn't set the parent's hasMilestones or hasSubprojects fields to 0 for you. That'll have to be done by hand in the database.
I'm in the position where I need to re-parent an existing hierarchy of projects, which isn't supported by @epriestley's move_beneath.php above. Rather than attempt to figure out everything involved in doing that (which I think is mostly messing with the various projects' path, pathKey, and depth fields, in case anyone wants to try) I threw this script together to move an existing subproject or milestone to root level, where it can then be moved using move_beneath.php.
Apr 20 2016
I'd love it if I could just click on the "Blocked by" or "Blocks" label on a task and be taken to the Maniphest query for all the listed tasks.
Mar 24 2016
It would be handy if subprojects and milestones would inherit some of their parent's settings (like icon, color, policies, and picture) by default.
Mar 23 2016
Feb 24 2016
Ah, thank you. I'll update to use that.
I noticed today that the maniphest.points field doesn't appear in the Conduit output for e.g. maniphest.query. I can't find a task addressing this, but it would be very helpful (I have several scripts that used our auxiliary points field, but since migrating that to maniphest.points they don't work any more).
Feb 17 2016
That 'int' requirement is definitely misleading, since the field supports fractional point values (which makes me happy, since we have .5-point tasks in our workflow).
Feb 13 2016
We've been using our own custom points field for a couple years now. Is there/could there be a plan to ease migration to the new formalized points system? (a bin script would be fine).
Jan 12 2016
We've run into a situation where this would be useful in my organization. One person's name has changed recently, but our only option to reflect that in Phabricator is to update their username and thereby disassociate all their past activity. Being able to update the username but add the old username as an alias would solve the issue.
Jan 4 2016
Aug 14 2015
I apologize for not discussing this with you first, @joshuaspence. I'll just maintain a local branch instead. Thanks for your feedback!
Aug 12 2015
In lieu of waiting for a fix to the official phabot, if you're feeling adventurous, I wrote a Phabricator plugin for my open-source IRC bot. My team uses it 24/7 and it meets our needs.
Aug 5 2015
We're using this as part of our development workflow now and it's nice. It would be nice if it made use of our phpunit.xml configuration, but we can work around that for now. I hope this lands on master soon.
Sep 30 2014
Object aliases could also be useful for the case where team members have shifting roles, and you want to assign tasks to e.g. #triagenurse or #tester without having to look up who's currently performing that role.
I'm interested in using project hashtags as parameters without them autoresolving. We use the project-per-sprint workflow, and the current sprint is always tagged #current, but there's no way for me to create saved searches where that hashtag is resolved at runtime instead of compile time.