Remaining work for the new edit/API/URI workflows:
Probably kicking these down the road, although we're better positioned on them now than we were before:
- T6655: Offer to generate a new SSH key in /diffusion/import credentials step
- T6131: Mirror Status on repository edit view
- T6722: Support "Create similar repository..." in Diffusion
- Almanac Service should become editable, although this is a longer-term thing.
- T10945: Replace "repository.query" with "diffusion.repository.search" in Arcanist
- DiffusionRepositoryNewController is still hanging around but should be nuked.
- Spaces appear in the web UI properly, but the associated transaction does not apply correctly.
- Some redirect/submit/cancel URIs in non-EditEngine edit panels might be pointing at old places?
- The rest of the Diffusion docs should be reviewed.
- The warning header on the Diffusion URI documentation should be removed.
- The new APIs could use guidance on use. The "observe" workflow (create a repository, add URIs, activate the repository) is not self-evident.
- EditController and EditproController should be renamed and the controller hierarchy and crumbs should be sorted out.
- It would be nice to provide some overall status hints on the URI panel ("This is a hosted repository.").
- It would be nice to provide diffusion.ssh-user and diffusion.ssh-port hints when editing builtin URIs.
- A substantial amount of guidance/help text on the forms hasn't made it forward yet. Some of it needs to be rewritten, and bringing it over will give me a chance to test these workflows in greater depth.
- T8611: When Diffusion's "Can Create Repositories" application setting is "All Users," users still can't create repositories should be disposed of, probably by just saying "don't do that". But making the form configurable is a more elegant way to dispose of it.
- Some panels should possibly be hidden entirely for Subversion, or at least visually disabled with hints.
- SVN SSH URIs need to use the svn+ssh:// protocol and no short name.
- Newly created repositories should have hints about how to complete the workflow (activate to host; add a URI then activate to observe).
- The repository URI index doesn't index all URIs yet, only the primary clone URI.
- diffusion.repository.search should gain whatever capabilities it's still missing (primarily: search by URI?)...
- T9554: Trigger "import" heuristics for imported repositories needs to be resolved because we now recommend this workflow.
- Subversion's "Import Only" is no longer exposed in the UI. I'm hoping we can simply drop this feature since it's very rarely used and it only just barely works.
- The UI for presenting Clone URIs is a little plain now. Most of this simplification is intentional, but this could use another pass.