Calendar is still a prototype application. Normally, we don't accept bug reports for prototype applications. However, as an exception, we will now accept bug reports related to ICS imports in this task.
For details on using ICS imports, see Calendar User Guide: Importing Events. At the time of writing (Oct 30, 2016) the import features are only available in master.
ICS is a complex format which we attempt to parse relatively faithfully. We probably get some stuff wrong. If you encounter an error with importing an .ics file, you can note it here and we'll try to fix it. See also T10747 for earlier context.
Helpful information when reporting an import issue:
- The .ics file which causes the error -- but note that .ics files contain sensitive information about meetings and events, including attendee email addresses. If possible, create a similar event with dummy/public data that reproduces the issue and give us that instead.
- Any error messages produced in the import log.
- General context on what you were trying to do, what you expected to happen, what the event looks like in the original application, etc.
This is a list of features which we are explicitly declining to support at this time. You should receive a useful error in the import log if you attempt to import events which use these features:
- Recurring events with frequency SECONDLY, MINUTELY or HOURLY. These frequencies are silly for normal calendaring applications and computationally expensive to support
- Exporting events, then importing them into the same copy of Phabricator again.
- Events before 1970 or after 2037. (We'll add support for these within the next 20 years.)