Persistent bar for working with large revisions with lots of comments.
Lots of various ideas here but the main ones are:
- Indicate which file you are currently on
- Indicate if you have any un-submitted draft comments on the revision
- Indicate how many inlines are present, and how many are marked as done
- Indicate if any 'mark as done' are unsubmitted
- One click on "draft" button takes you to the next draft comment
- One click on "2/5 Comments" takes you to the next non-done comment (3 total, if you keep clicking)
- One click on "up" takes you to the previous inline comment
- One click on "down" takes you to the next inline comment
- Settings, you know, for setting things.
- A background progress bar because, who doesn't like to see how far they are horizontally.
Overall I think this approach is more scalable and easier to understand and navigate, nothing is really hidden or needs mousing over to understand. I worry with large changesets that the minimap direction would be cluttered or maybe even unusable. Here we keep things clean, but still helpful at getting around the page. Though I'm unsure how much JS magic might be needed to pull this off.