Steps to reproduce:
- Hire someone new into your organization
- Get them to use differential; they submit a diff, which is displayed beautifully in differential
- Write some insightful comments on their diff, expect some clever replies
- See a new patch submitted, without comments
- Write more comments asking for a response
- See another patch, but still no comments
- Yell at them. Realize they didn't know they needed to separately submit comments. Get them to do it.
- See a bunch of comments written on previous versions of the diff that you now have to go click back to in order to understand the context of the discussion.
But seriously, it would be great if comments were either auto-submitted by default when updating a diff or if the comment author were prompted to submit draft comments after sending up a diff that contained unpublished comments (perhaps similar to how you're prompted if there are files in the working directory that aren't in the repo or .*ignore.)