The "Edit" controller is custom instead of being driven by "EditEngine" because I expect it to be a Herald-style "add new rules" UI, and EditEngine isn't a clean match for those today (although maybe I'll try to move it over).
The general idea here is:
- Triggers are "real" objects with a real PHID.
- Each trigger has a name and a collection of rules, like "Change status to: X" or "Play sound: Y".
- Each column may be bound to a trigger.
- Multiple columns may share the same trigger.
- Later UI refinements will make the cases around "copy trigger" vs "reference the same trigger" vs "create a new ad-hoc trigger" more clear.
- Triggers have their own edit policy.
- Triggers are always world-visible, like Herald rules.