- When viewing a room that you don't have permission to join, you shouldn't have an option to send a message.
- When viewing a room that you have permission to join -- but are not a member of -- sending a message should join the room (make you a member of the thread). Ideally, the UI button should change from "Send Message" to "Join Room" or something, but this could be a future version.
- When viewing a room that you are a member of, chat should work normally.
Rough edges here
- since rooms you have yet to join can't be viewed in the column yet, the column view has some bugs and isn't expected to work if you somehow get such a room in that view :D
- in normal view, the room you're looking at is just pre-pending to the top of the "recent" list
If anyone has specific thoughts on these rough edges, let me know, else I figure they'll end up getting addressed as we figure out how to finish T7584. The column view piece might be significant though so leaving this one open for now mainly to track that.