- We need at least one sound (and preferably several sounds) with acceptable licenses that we can distribute.
- These sounds can be played for chat messages (and, eventually, normal notifications, private messages, mentions, clicking a button, and at random).
- Everyone can be a professional sound artist if they believe in themselves.
- It's technically desirable to play one sound even if several windows that react to an event are open, so I'm going to put this in the Aphlict client. This is the way Facebook solved this problem from ~2008-2012. (As far as I a can tell, they no longer use Flash, and play sounds multiple times.) This will be more significant once we ship desktop notifications, since multiple identical notifications are worse than several copies of a sound playing at the same time.
- I imagine these settings being global defaults for now, and eventually maybe customizable per thread type (thread vs room) or per thread (not sure how useful that is).
|Open||None||T7589 Decide on pinning, sorting, and notification behaviors in icon switcher|
|Open||None||T7577 Improve username mention rules for Conpherence|
|Open||None||T7580 Alert users to username mentions in Conpherence threads they are members of|
|Resolved||epriestley||T12572 Spend a week making Conpherence less bad|
|Open||None||T7567 Support sound in Conpherence|
|Resolved||epriestley||T5369 Phabricator should play lots of sounds all the time to give the experience of an elusive, ineffable richness|