How useful and complex would be to build the following metrics in Phabricator? Wikimedia uses these metrics with Bugzilla and we need to decide whether to build a Maniphest backend for Metrics Grimoire or a native solution in Phabricator.
Key metrics that we are getting from http://korma.wmflabs.org/:
- Volume of contributors (any activity), authors, resolvers.
- Volume of tasks created, closed, open.
- Median age of unattended tasks (Needs triage AND Backlog AND no comments from !author).
- Median age of open tasks by priority (excluding Needs Volunteer).
- Lists of main contributors TBD.
All this by project, with a possibility to aggregate data of different projects (main use case: key Wikimedia software projects. See what we have currently at
With this data, what decisions will you make differently than without it?
Wikimedia is a community project and it is very useful to observe these trends:
- Is the amount of contributors stable, growing, shrinking? Depending on the result we will focus more or less in outreach activities.
- Is the amount of activity stable etc? More activity proves that it is worth the effort and encourages us to invest in wanted features.
- Are we improving at responding to reports and resolving tasks? If not, let's find the block holes and the pain points and let's change something there.
- Who are the most valuable contributors (especially volunteers)? Let's make sure we know them, they are happy, and they can join our hackathons etc.
(Original task reported at http://fab.wmflabs.org/T53)