- If an install uses passwords, the user is prompted to set a password.
- If an install does not use passwords, you're dumped to /settings/external/ to link an external account. This is pretty sketchy and this UI does not make it clear what users are expected to do (link an account) or why (so they can log in).
Instead, improve this flow:
- Password reset flow is fine.
- (Future Change) If there are external linkable accounts (like Google) and the user doesn't have any linked, I want to give users a flow like a password reset flow that says "link to an external account".
- (This Change) If you're an administrator and there are no providers at all, go to "/auth/" so you can set something up.
- (This Change) If we don't hit on any other rules, just go home?
This may be tweaked a bit as we go, but basically I want to refine the "/settings/external/" case into a more useful flow which gives users more of a chance of surviving it.