This really looks to be ONE bug that has a few different manifestations.
I have a plethora of projects with names along these lines...
BSS [Team] IMF [Team] Programming [Dept] Ratscript [Project]
...and so on. These auto-generated tags, as expected, and worked just fine.
After the Week 52 stable update, however, all projects that had that naming scheme developed the same problem - clicking the project tag would 404. This is also blocking Arcanist from updating any Differential that has that project linked to it.
Meanwhile, any project added after that update, or renamed to the aforementioned naming scheme after the update, does not have this problem. Clicking the PawLIB [Project] tag, for example, successfully goes to https://XXX/tag/pawlib_project/.
For example, clicking the BSS [Team] tag goes to the URL https://XXX/tag/bss_%5Bteam%5D/ . In an attempt to fix it, I renamed the project to BSS and back to BSS [Team], and now clicking the tag goes to the equally invalid URL https://XXX/tag/bss_team/.
Possibly a related issue, anytime you click "Edit Project" on any project, the "Additional Hashtags" field lists all the additional hashtags, plus the auto-generated ones, but strips all spaces and commas out from between them. One has to manually re-insert spaces and commas between the hashtags - clicking "Save Project" will replace all the additional hashtags with one long monster of a conglomeration of hashtags. This issue appeared at the same time.
This is tricky to duplicate, as it only appears on pre-update projects.
- Load an instance of Phabricator that is on the stable branch from PRIOR to 2015 Week 52. I was on the latest prior (I pull from stable automatically each morning.)
- Create a project with the name "Name [Project]" or anything similar.
- Add some additional hashtags, just for good measure, such as "name" and "nameproject".
- Save the project, and confirm that clicking on the project tag takes you to a legitimate page.
- Update to the stable from 2015 Week 52 (or later...I'm on the latest stable, and this is still happening.)
- Click on the project tag again - it is now 404ing.
- Edit the project, and note that the hashtags are now muddled. This will happen each time, no matter how often you fix it.
- Rename the project to "Name", save, rename back to "Name [Project]", save again.
- Click the project tag yet again - it is now 404ing on a new URL.
You can also create a Differential, add the project from Edit Differential on the website, and then attempt to update the Differential. You will get the error...
Exception Error parsing field "Projects": The objects you have listed include objects which do not exist (#programming_[dept], #bss_[team]). (Run with `--trace` for a full exception trace.)
Tech Specs; LAMP Server, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, fully up-to-date. Running Phabricator, latest stable (as of 16 January 2016 - automatically updates to latest stable each morning.)