Notifications have moved from Flash to WebSockets. These are the expected changes for administrators:
- You will need to install the ws module for Node.js. See the documentation below for help.
- bin/aphlict should no longer be run as root. Run as the user you want to run the server as, instead. This can be any unprivileged user.
- bin/aphlict might not have permission to write to its PID file or log file now, if you used to run as root. Double check the settings and permissions.
- Port 843 does not need to be accessible anymore, and can be removed from firewall rules.
- The notifications.user option has been removed. You can delete any configuration you have.
- The notifications.debug option has been removed. You can delete any configuration you have.
- Supported Clients
- Notification support has been removed for IE8 or IE9.
- Notification support has been added for iPhones (and probably other mobile devices).
You can find details on most of these changes in the documentation, see Notifications User Guide: Setup and Configuration.
You can find technical discussion of this change in T6559.