Summary of changes from September 26, 2015 to October 3, 2015.
|Instances (SAAS)||rSAAS||rSAAS536fc17||0 commits|
|Services (SAAS)||rSERVICES||rSERVICES58a0e84||0 commits|
|Core (SAAS)||rCORE||rCORE8015e7f||5 commits|
These changes were promoted to stable.
- This period includes major changes to Drydock. See "Drydock" below for details.
- There are major changes to the garbage collectors. See notes in "Garbage Collection" below.
- No notes in this period.
- There are major changes to garbage collection, including changes which impact upgrading installs. See notes in "Garbage Collection" below.
- There is an upcoming mandatory migration from old Differential hunk storage to new Differential hunk storage. Installs with a large amount of data and a long history can avoid maintenance downtime by running this migration manually in advance of when it becomes mandatory. Follow T8623 for discussion.
- Added a --target flag to arc unit for uploading test results.
- The arc:prompt rule will now continue processing of other rules if the user enters no text.
Drydock is a prototype application.
- Drydock resources can now expire.
- UI now shows releasing resources and leases.
- Added an "awaken" mechanism to reduce time tasks spend sleeping in queue.
- WorkingCopy resourcs can now have multiple working copies.
- UI now shows lease owner.
- Improved reset behavior when reusing working copy resources.
- Drydock logs are now more structured.
- Drydock logs are garbage collected.
- Consolidated Drydock workers.
- Added support for revisions to Drydock, via staging areas.
- Wrote a bit of documentation.
You can now review available garbage collectors and their collection settings in the new Config → Garbage Collectors panel.
There is a new article in the documentation discussing how to review, manage and configure garbage collectors: Managing Garbage Collection.
The way garbage collectors are configured has been rewritten so that Config isn't 90% garbage collection settings by 2017. Specifically, the old gcdaemon.ttl.* options have been removed, and collector policy is now configured with bin/garbage set-policy instead. All garbage collectors which have meaningful policy settings are now individually configurable.
See T9494 for some additional discussion.
These changes modify the PhabricatorGarbageCollector API, and any third-party garbage collectors will require minor adjustments.
- Builds can now have parameters, although this is not yet surfaced meaningfully in the UI.
- The "Make HTTP Request" build step now explicitly accepts any 200 status code as success.
- (stable; rP6d7b78f7) Fixed an issue where "Publish/Notify" in repositories was not respected.
- Documented upstream usage of exit codes.
- Improved exit code behavior of bin/search index.
- Fixed an issue with mentioning usernames that collide with object names, like T123.
- Diffusion no longer shows a "Revision" column if Differential is not installed for the viewer.
- Updated quickstart.sql to reduce install / unit test times.
- Ponder emails should now deliver a little more consistently.
- Updated Asana login integration to use new logo.
- Fixed up an old dashboard migration.
- Improved Diffusion handling of commits which previously existed but have been removed (for example, by deleting a branch).