Maybe best to just do this through Calendar, but it might be nice to integrate reminders more tightly for ops-specific periodic events, notably SSL / domain names.
We run basically all our company todos in Phabricator. Example user scenarios that I'd like to see covered with this feature:
- Update SSL certificate every year
- Update the Apple iOS developer license every year
- Update the financials every week
- Update the address list monthly
- Process tax sheet every quarter
Tasks are assigned automatically with a given priority.
- recurring tasks
- start dates for tasks
The latter is basically what your example is about, right? Because if I have just renewed the SSL certificate then a new task is created (due date being in one year), but it should not possible to start that right away, as it's not necessary. You would use a start date as well, wouldn't you?