To get it out of the way early. I'd like to suggest the name"Autobahn" for this proposed application, but I'm welcome to better suggestions, I couldn't think of anything more clever, I'm sure there could be a better name for this.
This isn't being created to put the task on the shoulders of the Phacility team, its being created because I want to get feedback from the wider community of Phabricator users and developers.
I have been a long time admirer of Interstate however I haven't had a need to use it for quite some time and now I have begun work on a project that if not outright must have, would definitely benefit from having a centralised 'roadmap' view to provide to customers as opposed to opening the doors and creating custom project pages, tags etc and having their permissions set to public and all the other manual things we could do to create something that does the job of a roadmap. You can see if you look at the interface Interstate provides, you can either signup for the free one and give it a spin or check out the tour and their own roadmap which is very stale and represents the very heart of the problem i have, I'm pretty sure they are in zombie company mode and I will not pay a zombie when I can pay for developers to help me build a replacement that everyone can benefit from.
So heres the TL;DR;
- This tool looks pretty cool.
- The company seems pretty dead, no roadmap updates in 2 years, the company that built it was sold last year, all up the future seems dim for this thing as a SaaS product.
- I want to re-build/replicate Interstate with Phabricator
- Phabricator doesn't have a dedicated roadmap tool, adding one might fill a need others have as well.
- I think other people may want to get involved in this effort.