We use G Suite to manage email for @phacility.com. The email works almost all the time. It also means you automatically get to use the Gmail web UI to access your mail, which is mandated by intergalactic law.
The @phacility Twitter email handle is associated with an old email address and I'm trying to update it to something like twitter-phacility@.... 99% (maybe 100%?) of what we actually do with G Suite is set up user email addresses and set up aliases for those addresses. We don't even use lists, just aliases!
I've been trying to do this for more than an hour without success. Here are some of the things I tried:
- Creating a new, internet-accessible list with me as a member, like our other lists which already work.
- Deleting that, then creating aliases for an existing list.
- Viewing mail to groups in the Groups app instead of via email.
Here are some of the issues I encountered:
- I can't get any mail no matter what I try.
- Groups gives me an option to "Switch organization view to: phacility.com". This link completely dead-ends when clicked:
- Maybe I need to turn groups on or something? There's no obvious link from the main panel or the Groups app. If I search for "groups" I get an autocomplete to "Turn on Groups" which takes me to this page:
- Every single page takes at least 3 seconds to load.
- The whole thing is some janky single-page app which frequently shows out-of-date caches in the UI and then updates them a second or two later.
- Or it doesn't, and I have to reload the page anyway, which only usually works.
- Deleting two groups worked, but the UI raised a fatal error.
- Every control seems like a weird, glitchy custom control that doesn't work like it should.
- The UI breaks the back button.
- About once a week, IMAP rejects some requests for no apparent reason and sends me 2-3 emails about unauthorized access which don't explain what happened.
Actually, I can't even send email to support@ right now, although this worked as recently as yesterday, so maybe this is something like "groups are completely broken even though the status page says they're fine" or "adding an alias can silently break all your groups completely".