Currently, it's hard to figure out what's happening in the browser with respect to real-time infrastructure. Pertinent information is spread across multiple tabs (when it's present at all) and difficult to decipher.
The major components to monitor are:
- Cross-tab sync through Local Storage (JX.Leader).
- The uplink to Aphlict (JX.Aphlict)
- Messages over both channels (notifications, commands).
- State changes on both channels (connect, disconnect, reconnect, promote, usurp).
Some explicit client actions are not easy to trigger in a diagnostic way:
- Force disconnect.
- Force reconnect.
- Force UI state dirty (after T12566).
- Force message replay (for T12564).
- Force promote/usurp for JX.Leader.
Probably the best way to approach this is a DarkConsole "Realtime" tab.