Ref T8151. This is option (5). It needs a few adjustments but feels pretty good. Major issues are:
- Without a mouse, the scrollbars overlap by default, so we must move the column off the right margin.
- Scrolling sometimes "bleeds" between the chat vs the main frame in a way that's not as discrete as the old framed content, but feels generally reasonable to me.
If we pursue this, I'd plan to make these additional changes:
- Move the panel away from the right margin only if the page scrollbars are zero-width (i.e., in OSX trackpad mode).
- Fix the notch in the upper right corner when the chat is moved away from the right margin.
- Probably remove the body "overflow-y: scroll" on Conpherence and Workboards.
- Update the resizing code to deal with 300px vs 315px widths.
- We can probably clean up some JX.Scrollbar "main panel" code.
Here's the "bad" case, where I've visually separated the column to provide room for a scrollbar. This isn't ideal, but looks and feels OK to me: