- View https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T108263#1574637.
- Click the first image to open in the lightbox.
- Navigate to the next images (second and third).
- Navigate back to the previous images.
The initial opening is slow because the image follows two redirects:
- https://phab.wmfusercontent.org/file/data/msh7../PHID-FILE-c6i../psf../flow-font-175em.png (UNIQUE)
Each subsequent navigation is slow for the same reason. However the worst part is that when navigating backwards or re-opening the image a moment later it goes through the same redirects again, and ends up on a different (unique) url. Thus going through several client-server roundtrips every time *and* re-downloading the same file again because it's at a different url.
The end result is that it takes about 1-2 seconds between images which is sufficient cognitive time to lose the mental short-term imprint of the visual and not be able to tell the exact difference between them. Something that makes going through a few dozen design iterations very irritating.
For now I workaround this by opening them in tabs instead, and switching between those.