This is a z-index problem. (Perhaps duh.)
The fullscreen mode sets a z-index of 50. The dialog is 15 and the mask is 10.
- make the fullscreen mode z-index some smaller value
- probably a no go because presumably this high value is correct?
- make the dialog + mask invoked via the remarkup assist code get a special class so they get a z-index value higher than 50
- seems really complex
- make the dialog + mask invoked via the remarkup assist code no longer invoke dialogues, and instead just add text or instructions to the textarea like the other buttons
- seems really bad in the file upload case
- the meme case is also not that good (a sample of how it works with a built-in macro) versus the macro typeahead in the dialogue
@chad, @epriestley - what do you guys think? I think the second option is best, but definitely needs to add some complexity to dialogue + mask code... Also hoping there's more options that feel cleaner.
make the fullscreen mode z-index some smaller value
I think the specific issue with this is that some dialogs have Remarkup areas in them, so when you click "fullscreen" in those they have to pop over the dialog.
I think the second option is best
I like this one best too, but, yeah, might be a bit of a mess.
Two other ideas:
- We could also have "fullscreen" hide any visible dialog, and then "unfullscreen" show it again. I'd guess that's even more complex than adjusting the upload/meme masks, though, especially because I think the mask is a singleton (maybe?)
- Finally, we could have "upload" and "meme" just pop you out of fullscreen before they send requests. This is completely cheating, but should be dead simple to implement and not really too bad as a UX. So I maybe like this as an alternative, depending on how messy the mess above is?