I'm responsible for triaging incoming tasks for my team. We have a workboard with your basic columns/sub-projects/milestones.
Sometimes there are tasks that come in with not enough/unclear information and I need to ask for more before triaging. To indicate on the task that not much can proceed until the information is given I set the status to "stalled". That's great, now the reporter knows they're on the hook. Most times I also remember to tell them to reset to the "Needs triage" status after they've answered the questions.
The task is also still in the default "To triage" column on our main workboard. That's also fine as it has yet to be triaged.
But, my issue is when I come back to triaging new tasks and it's been a while (I've been on vacation for a bit) and I look at the "To triage" column and some number of those are stalled and some are not.
Just now I've added a link to the menu on this workboard with a custom view of tasks that are Open but not Stalled to filter those out. This works for now but I feel like there could be a more elegant solution.