The lack of support of access policies for saved queries implies a few issues:
- A saved query is viewable by every other user (if the query's ID is known), which is problematic from a privacy PoV. A user might have a saved query which contains sensitive information no one else should know about.
- A saved query's name is not visible to other users, so when a saved query is used to configure a Dashboard Panel, other users viewing/modifying the configuration will only see something like Custom Query ("6IJFby9aEVb7")
- A saved query can't be shared with other users for editing, so when a saved query is used to configure a Dashboard Panel, other users modifying the configuration will have to create another saved query when the criteria for the query need to be changed.
I would like to see full support for Access Policies in Saved Queries to:
- hide the information of a Saved Query by default from other users
- grant explicit read/write access to a Saved Query
This might also affect other areas/applications, but those issues were just the ones I ran into when working with Saved Queries in Dashboard Panels.