Similar to T12366: Long Project names outgrow dropdown widget - long project names (see screenshot below) cause some issues in the policy dropdown list.
Although there's still plenty of space, they're cut off - leaving multiple indiscernible (due to a common prefix) projects in the list.
How to Reproduce?
- Create multiple projects with long names and the same prefix, e.g.:
- Group: Development
- Group: Development: External
- Group: Development: External: Project#A
- Group: Development: Internal: Applications
- Open any dialog which allows to define an ACL
- Try to select one of the projects from the policy dropdown
- The long project names are cut off prematurely
- The long project names are indiscernible
What should happen
- The project names shouldn't be cut off server-side, but using CSS' text-overflow: ellipsis property so the remaining space would be fully used, reducing the chances of ending up with indiscernible projects in the list
- Each project should have a tooltip (similar to the ones in the main application menu) which shows the full project name when hovering it.