I turned off emails for "A commit is created" and "A commit has auditors added" in the global default settings, but continued to receive emails about those events until I restarted the daemons. Running on Phacility.
- Create a Phacility instance (non-test, since it needs to send emails)
- Import a repository.
- Create and join a project.
- Create a global Herald rule to create an audit for commits in that repository, assigned to the project.
- Edit the global default settings and turn off emails for "A commit is created" and "A commit has auditors added".
- Push a commit to the repository.
You should not get an email, but you do.