Using Chrome on Windows:
- Have only one phabricator tab open
- get a desktop notification
- click something in the open tab, to navigate to a different page (in phab)
- click notification
- Nothing happens
Ideally, the last step should still do something - either browse away from the current open tab, or open a new tab/window with the target.
I suspect that browsing away is very hard and a new tab is undesired, so just filing this for posterity.
Besides phabricator, I only get desktop notifications from gmail and facebook:
- gmail notifications always open a new window.
- I think facebook notifications go through some other channel, because they show up even (mostly?) when the browser isn't running.