Page MenuHomePhabricator

Mercurial v3.6.3 couldn't push but v3.4.2 could
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Asked by efkan on Jan 17 2016, 7:15 PM.

Details

I guess, this issue may be "resurged".

I use Windows. Steps I performed;

  • Trying hg push for new created .arcconfig file by using Mercurial v3.6.3. Result was negative.
  • Uninstalling Mercurial 3.6.3
  • Installing Mercurial 3.4.2
  • Trying hg push. It worked successfully.
D:\Work Space\Projects\project_mob>hg push --debug --traceback
pushing to ssh://vcs-user@phabricator.mydom.com/diffusion/M/project_mob/
running "D:\Work Space\Development Tools\putty\plink.exe" -ssh -i "D:\Work Space\Projects\AWS_KEYS\PHABRICATOR_Users\id_rsa.ppk" vcs-user@phabricator.mydom.com "hg -R diffusion/M/project_mob/ serve --stdio"
sending hello command
sending between command
remote: 145
remote: capabilities: lookup changegroupsubset branchmap pushkey known getbundle unbundlehash batch stream unbundle=HG10GZ,HG10BZ,HG10UN httpheader=1024
remote: 1
query 1; heads
sending batch command
searching for changes
1 total queries
preparing listkeys for "phases"
sending listkeys command
received listkey for "phases": 15 bytes
checking for updated bookmarks
preparing listkeys for "bookmarks"
sending listkeys command
received listkey for "bookmarks": 0 bytes
1 changesets found
list of changesets:
fa75f590cff04410c66a2e116a4318e6be8b9d12
sending unbundle command
remote: abort: stream ended unexpectedly (got 0 bytes, expected 4)
preparing listkeys for "phases"
sending listkeys command
received listkey for "phases": 0 bytes

Then I removed version 3.6.3 and installed version 3.4.2 and tried again;

D:\Work Space\Projects\project_mob>hg push
pushing to ssh://vcs-user@phabricator.mydom.com/diffusion/M/project_mob/
searching for changes
remote: adding changesets
remote: adding manifests
remote: adding file changes
remote: added 1 changesets with 1 changes to 1 files

Answers

andyboeh
Updated 2,347 Days Ago

I'm facing the exact same problem, running the same version of server and client software. However, this also happens when running Mercurial 2.8.2 on the server.

I then installed Mercurial 3.6 on the server and the problem is gone (got it from here: https://launchpad.net/~jonathonf/+archive/ubuntu/backports)

New Answer

Answer

This question has been marked as closed, but you can still leave a new answer.