Provide "bin/files integrity" for debugging, maintaining and backfilling integrity hashes
Ref T12470. Provides an "integrity" utility which runs in these modes:
- Verify: check that hashes match.
- Compute: backfill missing hashes.
- Strip: remove hashes. Useful for upgrading across a hash change.
- Corrupt: intentionally corrupt hashes. Useful for debugging.
- Overwrite: force hash recomputation.
Users normally shouldn't need to run any of this stuff, but this provides a reasonable toolkit for managing integrity hashes.
I'll recommend existing installs use bin/files integrity --compute all in the upgrade guidance to backfill hashes for existing files.
- Ran the script in many modes against various files, saw expected operation, including:
- Verified a file, corrupted it, saw it fail.
- Verified a file, stripped it, saw it have no hash.
- Stripped a file, computed it, got a clean verify.
- Stripped a file, overwrote it, got a clean verify.
- Corrupted a file, overwrote it, got a clean verify.
- Overwrote a file, overwrote again, got a no-op.
Reviewed By: chad
Maniphest Tasks: T12470
Differential Revision: https://secure.phabricator.com/D17629