Our company is transitioning to Phabricator in the last year but people have complained about the overwhelming amount on emails they receive once they register on the site. Even with the correct project/task/repo visibility settings it can be a little overwhelming. They often find themselves just ignoring all phabricator emails in gmail which is very bad.
I took the time to set the my notification settings in /settings/panel/emailpreferences/ but setting the same on every other account already registered into phabricator can take a lot of time and clicking. And especially hard when people don't really feel like doing it themselves.
- Option to set instance specific default email preferences
- CLI option to globally override notification preferences to the default
- I tried searching to see if there is already a solution we could use (other than physically going around the company building and asking everyone to please sit down and set the notification options to something reasonable) but all I found is D5636 which was abandoned.
- These are my current settings F709444 as you can see it's very different from the default "Everything is set to 'Email'"
- This is basically what we would set as default because it fits our workflow