I have played around with the API for some time now and have not really found a way to get a commit's relation to a Diff and/or Task (if any). What I am doing is that I try to get all commits for a team, and value add information of them by adding diff and task info. At the moment the only way for me to do this is:
- query owners, to get paths
- query commits by path for an owner
- query commit info for commits
- regexp on Maniphest Task in the description object to pick up diff and task info
The problem with this approach is
- Our teams are made up of projects, not owners, so it feels a bit awkward to specify owner at the beginning.
- Most importantly, the regexp approach is very fragile. I.e. if the code is not being committed via arc diff/land this information is not present in the description.
Please advice if there are any other way to go about this. Or if I should file a ticket to get this information from the API. All I want is basically the information of commits as they are in Differential