Steps to reproduce:
- Under /config/all/, set both policy.allow-public and auth.require-approval to true.
- Register a new user account.
- Get "Your account has been created, but needs to be approved by an administrator. You'll receive an email once your account is approved."
- Try to access a public task (visibility: "Public (No Login Required)"), in the default (public) Space.
You can access and view the task (though not edit or comment).
Task not displayed; instead you see "Wait for Approval - Your account has been created, but needs to be approved by an administrator. You'll receive an email once your account is approved."
- phabricator a7c681b54997b849c46054571fa2d0071c97fa32 (Fri, Jun 15)
- arcanist df7313bdf2a34d03667fe20c850a10ad3878e27d (Thu, Jun 7)
- phutil 4206849bb05b60f536a1c78e33adee68dac67aa9 (Thu, Jun 7)
- Upstreaming from https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T197550 . Confirming.
- https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/kythe-dev/GSSxrPQVgbs also implies that current behavior could be seen as "interesting"