Root issue summary: if a task happens to be assigned to a specific person, it's hard to find if you instead search for that person as a subscriber
Version: Head on phacility
- New instance with two users X and Y
- As X, create a task assigned to Y
- Go to maniphest advanced search
- Add Y to the Subscribers filter and search
Result: no tasks
Expected: the task
In general, it seems assignees of tasks count as subscribed. Examples
- They get notifications as if they were subscribed
- Commenting on the task doesn't create an additional subscribe transaction
- Reassigning the task explicitly adds the previous assignee as a subscriber
In our real world example, this manifested in not being able to find a long-running task with a lot of interaction from the assignee when I l searched by subscribers (I didn't realize it was actually assigned to them).
Please let me know if there is any more info that would help or if the root issue is not expressed well.