A git push to our Phacility hosted repository just failed with this message:
# git push phabricator-ssh-exec: Invalid username ("eeeeeeeeeeeee"). There is no user with this username. fatal: Could not read from remote repository. Please make sure you have the correct access rights and the repository exists.
This used to work a few days ago. Some of the recent configuration changes we have made that might have caused this bug include:
- changing my user's username from eeeeeeeeeeeee to edward;
- adding a new email address;
- switching primary email address to the new address;
- deleting the old (formerly primary) email address; and
- enacting a promotion to administrator privilege.
When I changed the user's username there was a dialog that warned me about the potentially hazardous consequences of changing a user's username. I read like the first few words then decided to just hit the Move Fast! button without reading any further. If this bug is one of the scenarios warned against in the dialog box: sorry!
We have a workaround and this issue isn't holding us back. I was able to resolve the issue by deleting my user's ssh key, and uploading the original ssh key material as a new Phabricator sshkey.