Page MenuHomePhabricator

Fix file encoding migration

Authored by kaendfinger2 on Jul 22 2018, 4:50 AM.
Referenced Files
Unknown Object (File)
Sat, Nov 25, 7:35 PM
Unknown Object (File)
Sun, Nov 19, 10:04 AM
Unknown Object (File)
Mon, Nov 13, 6:54 AM
Unknown Object (File)
Sat, Nov 4, 3:50 AM
Unknown Object (File)
Wed, Nov 1, 2:21 PM
Unknown Object (File)
Sep 8 2023, 7:40 AM
Unknown Object (File)
Sep 3 2023, 8:50 PM
Unknown Object (File)
Aug 26 2023, 8:17 PM



See Discourse

When migrating to aes-256-cbc, integrity hashes were not updated, so data was not properly

Test Plan

I ran this test script to ensure it worked.
I created some files with lipsum, ensured that after encoding them with aes-256-cbc, they were not able to be cat'd.
After applying this patch and rerunning the script, it worked successfully.

Diff Detail

rP Phabricator
Lint Not Applicable
Tests Not Applicable

Event Timeline

Note that the lints and unit tests do pass on my end. I used the "Create Diff" action to do this instead of arc diff (which was silly of me)

Thanks! I was able to follow your steps to reproduce this and verify the fix.

The integrity hash code was added after the original encryption code and this particular pathway must have escaped testing.

This revision is now accepted and ready to land.Jul 23 2018, 10:13 PM
This revision was automatically updated to reflect the committed changes.