Ref T3025. This adds a check for different client/server timezone offsets and gives users an option to fix them or ignore them.
- Fiddled with timezone in Settings and System Preferences.
- Got appropriate prompts and behavior after simulating various trips to and from exotic locales.
In particular, this slightly tricky case seems to work correctly:
- Travel to NY.
- Ignore discrepancy (you're only there for a couple hours for an important meeting, and returning to SF on a later flight).
- Return to SF for a few days.
- Travel back to NY.
- You should be prompted again, since you left the timezone after you ignored the discrepancy.