Ref T6559. Wraps WebSocket in a reasonable driver class which does event dispatch, some state management, and handles automatic reconnect.
- Maniphest Tasks
- T6559: Change notification system implementation not to require Flash
- Restricted Diffusion Commit
rP8c21ef2c0b25: Implement JX.WebSocket
In Safari, Firefox and Chrome, connected to a websocket server and sent messages back and forth. Terminated and restarted server, saw automatic reconnects successfully reestablish a connection on all browsers.
- Rename to WebSocket for consistency.
- Port connect delay fix from D11143 back here.
- I'm keeping the semantics since they're slightly more natural for our use case. The send() semantics (where it just swallows messages when disconnected) are a little weird too, but make implementing the notification stuff easier. We could adjust this stuff later if we do something else with websockets.