- I launched repo003 and db003 in the cluster.
- I created .phacility.net DNS entires for the hosts.
- I created ddata, dbak, rdata, rbak, and rlog volumes for the hosts and attached them.
- I created device entries for the hosts and *bak volumes.
- I created service entries for the new repox and dbx services.
- I used bin/remote deploy to deploy the hosts.
This time around, this all went smoothly. It still involves a fair amount of manual button clicking which I want to get rid of eventually, but no process issues.
- I closed the 002 services and opened the 003 services.
- I created a new instance, verified it allocated on 003, connected to it, pushed/pulled, ran backups, etc.
Overall, lots of room left for automation, but this process seems stable and repeatable now.