Hi, I'm looking for the workflow when landing in two different branches (the "normal" one and another one for a big feature). On the normal branch it's easy but on the big-feature branch, my workflow for now is:
- checkout big-feature,
- new branch for feature => very-cool-addition
- work work work
- arc diff big-feature
- when accepted I download the diff, checkout big-feature and do cat D54.diff | git apply and commit (and I have to manually do the commit message).
- This is because arc land big-feature is not working (it's taking a whole lot more commits than necessary).
So, I was just wondering:
- is there a documented workflow for people working like this ?
- Also, is there a way for arc to just create the commit message for me. Something like arc commit D87 or arc commit-message D87
EDIT: arc diff feature-branch is working well in fact
I found the command I was looking for: arc amend