`bin/host instances` and other Phacility operations commands which operate on a list of instances make a Conduit `instances.queryinstances` call to `admin.phacility.com` with `limit = 1000` after recent changes connected to T12218. This currently takes about a second to resolve.
It appears to be CPU time because the DarkConsole Services tab looks fine. However, it's currently hard to get a profile off the `admin` tier:
- Although the XHProf extension is available, the XHProf UI is not installed on `admin` (and probably should not be).
- You can not easily profile Conduit methods because it's a `POST` request.
- XHProf does not build on PHP7 (and I'm now on PHP7 locally after T12101). This is a minor issue, but complicates things.
- ~~There isn't an easy way to download an XHProf profile (oh, there is, you just have to actually generate the profile first)~~.
- There isn't an easy way to upload an XHProf profile (T7954).